07 July 2011

Thank you, J.K. Rowling

Last night was so emotional, especially for us Harry Potter fans. (If you are just laughing your ass off over us guys bawling in front of our computer screens, well, GTFO. LOLJK -- no, not really). Anyway, I slept early that's why I didn't get to watch the last premiere night of Harry Potter. Typing that phrase is really heartbreaking. LAST PREMIERE NIGHT, YOU GUYS! So when I woke up at around 4 in the morning, it had just ended and I just updated myself with other people's tweets, which made me cry, too! I'm currently browsing my Tumblr page, and still feel the same emotion. Nothing will make me ready for July 14.

People whom I've just met (IRL) a few years ago are probably not aware of how much of a Harry Potter fan I am since I was 16. So let's browse through my pensieve and rekindle my early Harry Potter memories.

It all started last 2002. Actually, my high school classmates were already reading this series back in 2000, but I didn't bother to ask them about this. I even didn't watch The Sorcerer's Stone in cinema! It was just through a friendly date with my high school friend that I got to watch The Chambers of Secrets. That's when the fandom started. That time, I still couldn't afford to ask my dad to buy me these expensive books, so I just borrowed from my classmates. I remember reading them during break time, and I even didn't study for quizzes just to finish a book. Remember mIRC? I'm always on the channel where you answer HP facts and trivia lol. I also kept on reading predictions about the next HP book that time which was The Order of The Phoenix. 

Have you guys experienced watching in the front row (yes, FRONT ROW!) of a cinema? I only experienced that while watching The Prisoner of Azkaban. Back then, I think, reserved seats were not yet popular, so I just have to endure the eye strain, and of course, neck pain this had caused me. (It was worth it, anyway!) My siblings actually hated watching the films with me. Since I was the only one reading the series, I would always give unsolicited comments whenever we watch it together. Heh.

Then, 6 days from now, the last movie will hit our cinemas. And to quote a friend, "it's like something that’s deeply important to me will die on the 14th". I'll be watching this maybe a week after it had been shown here. Well, aside from fearing the emotional breakdown I might have (or probably will have!), I'd wait for my next salary which will be on the 20th. I wanna watch it on iMax with my boyfriend, and my wallet is almost empty right now lol (cos of spending way too much recently. And I'll have another post about that). Or, I could just ask money from my mom.  . The boyfriend actually bought iMax tickets and that was supposed to be a surprise! So we'll watch it on the 1st day!


And speaking of iMax, I hope this will happen, too, in the Philippines! I'm starting to think of a plan on how to sneak this out of the theater. I really need to have this!

That's it. I'll probably do another emotional Harry Potter post after watching its last film. LAST FILM. Ahh, how many times do I have to say that this is just so heartbreaking. I'm just so proud to belong to the Harry Potter generation.

To end this, I'll just share my favorite screencaps from last night. And these made me cry so hard. I really can't imagine myself when I get to watch this.



 "You two. I love you. I really do." - Rupert Grint


"And Jo, anything that I do for the rest of my career, I owe to this job. Thank you!" - Daniel Radcliffe




""Whether you come back by the page, or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." - JK Rowling"


P.S.
See you on Pottermore, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...