16 June 2010

Boyfriend Classification, How I Met Your Mother Style

I was reading my old blog entries on my livejournal account when I saw this post I've had last February. I just love this show so much, that I even compare my future relationship on these guys. Heh.


I have the biggest crush on Ted Mosby since I started watching How I Met Your Mother. But if you would ask me if who among the HIMYM characters would I want to have as my boyfriend, I'd choose Marshall Eriksen .

Ted Mosby embodies a boyfriend per se; one who would run an extra mile just to knock you off your feet. The hopeless romantic who always believe in destiny. While Marshall Eriksen is your best friend / boyfriend type of lover. He may not be the sweetest guy that you'll ever meet, but being with him means having a day of endless laughter.



The best TV couple ever -- Marshall & Lily Eriksen.


I am in love with the Marshall & Lily tandem. They are not just husband & wife but also partners in crime. Who wouldn't want to have a love story just like theirs?

Marshall, I love you because you’re funny and you make me feel loved and you make feel safe. And for our anniversary you gave me a sweatshirt that says, “Lily and Marshall, Rockin’ since ‘96” I kinda wish I was wearing it right now cause it smells like you. But the main reason I love you, Marshall Eriksen, is you make me happy. You make me happy all the time." - Lily Aldrin (the sweetest marriage vow ever!)

Okay, I am really having a hard time defining these types of boyfriend that I am trying to point here. So here's the deal, I've recently realized that I want to have a ~barkada/ best friend~ type of boyfriend. One that I could have endless conversation just about anything under the sun. You could crack jokes that only the two of you would understand. 4 of my ex-boyfriends were like Ted Mosby, and most of the Marshall Eriksen type that I meet always end up as an "almost lover".

I've been in and out of relationship for the past 10 years and it is just with the recent ex-boyfriend that I've had this kind of realization. That's why when someone was trying to court me 3 months ago, I immediately turned him down cos I know that he's just another Ted Mosby. I really don't want to start our relationship in dating; set the friendship first, then let's see what happens next.

I think I have yet to meet my Marshall Eriksen. Or hmm.

Things had changed the past few months. I still want to meet my Marshall Eriksen, however, a little bit of Ted Mosby would be better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...