04 August 2011

Anniversary Dinner!

My boyfriend asked me to find a restaurant that we've never tried for a simple celebration of our anniversary. I was supposed to bring him to Maginhawa, but I changed my mind when I remembered that I really wanted to try Cyma.



Mezedes Pikilia (480)
Actually, it's not our intention to choose this for our appetizer. I already had Mezedes Htipiti in mind but my stupid fingers pointed the Pikilia to the waiter. I know, right! There is a P300 difference, so imagine my shock when this was presented to our table. Anyway, at least we were able to try all the types of Mezedes that they have so we already know what to pick the next time we go here -- and that's Mezedes Melitzanosalata! It's made from freshly roasted eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, fresh lemon and EVOO.


Lamb Souvlaki (450)
OMG THIS IS SOOOO GOOOOOD! I really, really liked it! The meat is so tender, and you can really taste all the herbs that were used in this dish. This serving is already good for two, and I would go back to Cyma because of this baby!



Baby Clams Angel Hair (300/solo)
We actually didn't eat this at the restaurant cos we were so full of all the pita bread that we've had. I am a fan of oil-based pasta, but I really find it hard to eat it cos of all the baby clams that it contains. Lol. And their solo meal is already good for two! We just have to bring this home for our midnight snack.

And I really regret not ordering this one:


Saganaki (200)
Flaming cheese! IKR! That's the restaurant's specialty and the waiters will shout 'OPA' whenever they serve it.

And here's a bunch of photos that I've taken while waiting for the food to be served:

My boyfriend is actually munching his pita bread, heh

And as they say, "Right angle can hide them flabby arms". Lol.

I really like my hair that night

The boyfriend is busy eating his lamb souvlaki!

And here's another I like my hair photo!

A previous colleague recommended this Greek restaurant to me months ago, and I guess he's right that this is worth every penny. I'm a fan of food that are wrapped in pita bread, so I'd make it a point to come back here as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...