27 April 2010

Still Can't Marry at Almost 24

I was sick last week, and my sore throat finally took its toll on my body, so I didn't go to work last Friday. My supervisor asked me to present a medical certificate, even though I barely go on sick leave. It was supposedly an easy task, since I am not lying about my sickness, however, our company decided to change our health care plan, and I haven't got my card just yet. I immediately asked my mom to help me get that medical certificate. It was a simple medical certificate, but I still can't get it without my mom's help. Lol.

You see, I am still living with my mom and I can't imagine myself moving out any time soon. We grew up with our dad cos my parents were separated, and we just got to live with our mom when my dad passed away 7 years ago. We had a hard time dealing with his death, cos we've been pampered when he was still alive. My dad would wake up at 4 in the morning, prepare our breakfast and our things for school. We didn't have to do any household chores except for dish washing and cleaning our room. We also stopped getting maids when I was in 3rd year high school, so he's the one doing most of the stuff around the house. There was this one morning after he died, that I woke up feeling sad, cos I miss waking up with a prepared breakfast. Don't get me wrong, though. It's not just because no one will do the chores for us. I will always miss my dad cos I was a daddy's girl back then.

My mom isn't really the typical housewife. She's always busy with work and other stuff. But she taught us how to wash and iron our clothes, just so we can deal with these things whenever she's not around. Still with these changes, I can say that we are still dependent on her. Back in college, there were times that she'll help me fall in line during school enrollment. Lol. Whenever I need some documents for some important work-related stuff, she's the one getting them for me.

I also have a confession to make: I don't know how to cook. Yeah, I know how to prepare instant noodles and fry easy meals, so every time my mom would let me do the cooking, expect some hotdog for lunch or dinner. I love hotdogs, btw. =)

I just wondered about this because there are too many wedding news for this year, and that includes my 2 college best friends who got / will get married this year. I'm sad though cos they are both out of the country, which means I can't be there on their special occasions. Oh well, live online coverage (lol) and photos will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...