18 May 2010

A Month Before Turning 24

So aside from Christmas, there's another occasion that I am really looking forward to every year -- my birthday. I have always been giddy whenever this day comes because I feel special whenever people greet me (via SMS, social networking sites and of course, personally). I've had this habit of listing down the people who greeted me on my birthday but I think I stopped doing that when I turned 21. I also love it when unexpected people remember my birthday.

As I was browsing my old multiply site, I've seen several photos of my past birthdays (2007-2009), and it occurred to me that I've celebrated my past 3 birthdays with my last 3 ex-boyfriends. Lol. Yes, I was in and out of several relationships after graduating college but it doesn't mean that I wanted it to be like that; things just happen.

Also, I am a year behind the so-called "quarter-life crisis", and I think I am already experiencing one of its prime characteristics.

Disappointment with one's job:

This is no doubt the number one in my list. Well, I have been stuck in this job for almost three years, and nothing really fulfilling had happened. I am a registered nurse, and my license is about to expire next month, but I still have to use it yet. I am really not sure if I still wanna be on that profession, though.

Same time last year, I tried looking for a different job, but it wasn't really because of self-fulfillment issues, but mainly because I wanted to have a normal day job (just like my then boyfriend). But I guess things aren't really meant to be, and I wasn't that ready yet to leave this job.

I have 6 more months to go before this year ends, and I hope that at one point or another, my career would start to move forward.

On other note, I wonder how would this year's celebration would turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...