23 June 2011

Commuting Fiasco

a.k.a I really hate my current work location!

I left my previous employer (after 4 years!), and I ended up finding a new job in MAKATI.

My friends know that I hate that city. Not just Makati, but mostly the south part of the Metro. I was born and lived in QC all my life, and going to the south is such a burden for me. Yeah, sure, I had worked in Mandaluyong, but that is still tolerable (at least in my geographical standards). For the past year, I am just 10 minutes away from work, so imagine the adjustments I have to make when I started last month -- I have to leave the house 2 hours before my shift starts. I also never tried taking the bus again to get to work. You see, during my 2nd week at work, I was late for 1 fucking minute, and it's all because this stupid bus that kept on stopping in every waiting shed in EDSA. And also, I have a motion sickness that I can't tolerate long bus rides. For serious!

Anyway, for a month of 2-hour commuting (make that 4!) everyday, I had experienced a lot of funny, scary and gross stories that I would like to share with you, guys! Heh!

1. When I was 19, I experienced being mugged on my way home. Since then, whenever I see suspicious people, I'd transfer to another jeepney or bus, and I don't care if I already paid the fare. So anyway, I was on my way home, and I was standing on the aisle of the bus since there were no available seats. And then a guy offered his seat to me. Then this guy with iPhone was about to alight the bus, but can't freaking get out since there were a lot of people blocking his way. Then I suddenly saw that the guy who offered me his seat was pushing him real hard. And I also saw him getting something from the guy with iPhone's pocket. I was tempted to alert him, but was afraid that something might happen to me. So I decided to shut up and just get my boyfriend's attention who's seated behind me. Then a minute later, the guy with iPhone went back and asked the passengers to check if they saw his phone. There I knew that it was already snatched. The boyfriend noticed that he was playing with his phone so maybe, that caught the attention of the snatcher. So freakin' scary!

2. As I mentioned earlier, I can't tolerate long bus rides. That's the reason why I have to drink Bonamine if ever I have to go to a province riding a bus. So one night after work, I was already feeling dizzy inside the bus. And it was freaking cold, too! I felt that I was about to vomit anytime, so I decided to just close my eyes and rest. Then I reached my destination, and dropped by at a convenience store to buy Doritos. I was standing in line, when I felt that I can't contain it anymore and ran out of the store. I puked in front of that store, and the security guard asked me to puke somewhere else (fuck him!). I also caught people's attention, and perhaps they're thinking that I am just drunk. That was gross, I know!

3. And this one.

I'm yet to find a place near Makati, and actually, I am beginning to get used working in this city. But ~the QC~ is still the best city ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...