15 August 2010

Finally Caved In

"Right when she’d given up and stopped looking, she stumbled into her own fairytale." - Dawson Leery, Dawson’s Creek

It's been almost a year since I've been dumped by the recent ex-boyfriend, and I think it's true that good things happen when you least expect it.

It all started with a cup of coffee. We had a bet regarding the recent NBA finals (lol idek), and whoever wins will have a free coffee from the loser. Of course, I lost, but it's okay. I have a crush on him since early this year, but we barely talk to each other. And the rest, as they say, was history.

You see, I barely blog or tweet about him, or about us. Unlike with the past relationships that I've had, I like to be discreet this time. No, not that discreet, discreet. IRL friends barely know details about us. People at work were surprised when they found out that we're going out (or finally are a couple!). It's just that after several failed relationships, maybe, I wanted things to be different this time.

It's funny that when you've given it all on your previous what-you-thought-was-ideal relationship, you would not question the ideality of the relationship, but will just focus on things that make you both happy, which is more important, right?

And speaking of things that make me happy, I remember posting this a couple of months ago, and I can see that I have an 8/10 out of that checklist.

1. Good Conversation
> Things started with having a sensible/gibberish conversation over a cup of coffee. I want someone who I can learn things from. Someone who knows he is smart, but does not shove it in my face.
2. Lots of hugs
<3
3. Can understand my need for blogging / tweeting some stuff about us
>LOL I'm not really blogging stuff about us, (well, I don't know now that I already started it), but he reads this blog hahaha!
4. Movie Buddy
> We already watched a lot of chick flicks, and Star Cinema movies (yes, even Sarah Geronimo's Hating Magkapatid!), even though he's not a fan of those kind of films. Heh!
5. Honesty
6. Communication
7. Drinking Buddy
> Cheers?
8. Love. <3

As for the letters and camwhore buddy, I dunno. He's not fond of writing letters (sad face) and we don't have a chance to take a lot of pictures of ourselves. But it's okay :)

I'm happy that we both took a chance on things. Blame that quote ("What and If are two non-threatening words that when put together can haunt you for the rest of your life.")  from Letters to Juliet which we watched on our second date, heh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...