25 June 2010

The Universe is Funny. Really.

"Right when she’d given up and stopped looking, she stumbled into her own fairytale." -Dawson's Creek

It has been a month or two since I've given up on something that I really wanted. I thought I was patient enough, err, maybe I was still willing to wait, however, there are those times that you know that it's going nowhere and you just have to stop; just for everyone's sake.

I recently realized that I was right about moving on. It was universed! The sudden twist of events left me dumbfounded cos I really didn't see it coming. I was (or am still?) apprehensive because things can get complicated in time, but there's no harm in trying, right? Right?

I've been ecstatic the past few weeks, cos maybe I missed this kind of feeling. It's been some time since I've had a real date! Also, I missed having sensible / gibberish talk over a cup of coffee. It's now back to square one, I guess.

But just when I thought that things were already falling into places, something came up that made me distressed. Why? The person I've given up hope will leave in two weeks time. I remember when I was in high school, I believed that when you're too happy, it wouldn't last long; sadness will come next. It was shallow, I know. But hey, it happened again. And because of this, I almost cried on my way home earlier. It was when my last relationship ended that I cried (like, real hard) inside a bus, and I really didn't care if people were staring at me. I realized that I will sure miss him being there all the time. I'm happy for him, though, cos he's been waiting for this to happen for the longest time. But don't get me wrong here. There were no rekindled feelings. It's just that I hate it when people leave; I hate all sorts of goodbyes.

Anyway, I know the universe has a plan, and that plan is always in motion.
It’s a scary thought, but it’s also kind of wonderful. Did I just quote Ted Mosby, again? Heh. For now, I would just enjoy whatever it is that makes me giddy the past few weeks, and maybe, it'll be all worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...