19 June 2010

My Last Birthday With You

So it was 8 years ago, when I've had one of my happiest birthday celebration ever.

It was my 16th birthday, and I thought I would have the usual birthday celebration just like the past years: I would treat my friends for a snack then go home for a family dinner. Right after classes had ended, me and my friends went out for a snack. It was just around 5 in the afternoon, I think. Then an hour later, I received a text message from you, asking me where I was. I told you that I was out with friends, and I was surprised with your reply.

"Maaga nga ako umuwi kasi naghanda ako sa birthday mo. Umuwi ka na."

So I went home immediately after reading that text message. I was surprised seeing that you've prepared a lot of food, (more than my usual birthday celebration) and you've bought me a new mobile phone, too! We had a fun dinner that night.

It was the year after that I came to realize that it was my last birthday with you. So that's why you were mad when I went home a little late than usual during my 16th birthday. I also remember that you were extra sweet to me that day. If only I had known that you'd be gone too soon, I could've done things that you would be so proud of.

It's been 7 years since you left us, but I would always miss you. It's my 24th birthday tomorrow, and I wish I were celebrating it with you. It's also Father's Day today, and if you were still here, I bet it would be a double celebration.

Happy Father's Day, Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...