03 July 2010

On Repeat

"The best lyrics are the ones that give you goosebumps, or make you cry in public, or help you realize the answers." - Katy Perry

I usually have some songs on repeat on my iPod for a week or two. I remember listening nonstop to LFO's Girl On TV and Glee's version of Poker Face some time last month, and it's just because those songs put me in a happy mood. This week's LSS do otherwise.


What's Another Day - Maria Mena



"You know concrete colored buildings all grow stale"
You say as I look up dreaming
I know better than to include the both of us
But I can't sleep when you're gone
And you say, "What's another day?"


Beautifully - Jay Brannan



He loved her, but he wasn't too sure
If he could return the love she showed
When she said, my love extends
Beyond the realm of being friends
He kissed her head, and quietly he said
"It's not that you're not beautiful, you're just not beautiful to me"
She said, "How beautiful do I have to be?"

I would always get the feeling of being stabbed in the heart whenever I listen to these songs. I can't remember how many times these songs made me shed tears (before going to sleep, at work, or even in a public transportation).

Lol why am I so emotional these days? I think I should start listening to happy songs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...