02 July 2010

So Long, My Luckless Romance

"Should've known you'd bring me heartache. Almost lovers always do." Almost Lovers, A Fine Frenzy

It was this time last year when we became friends, and today, I consider you as one of the best guy friends that I ever had. We have a lot of things in common, and we also influenced each other with our own interests. You made me watch Survivor and American Idol religiously, while I got you addicted to How I Met Your Mother & The Big Bang Theory.

Liking you was inevitable, and I've tried my best to keep it discreet, but I guess you already knew it all along. People thought we were actually are a couple, and they wouldn't believe us whenever we tell them that we're just friends. But there were times that I wished that we actually are.

It's been some time now since I've accepted that we were just bound to be friends; you're the guy best friend that I never had.

I find it funny that we're saying our goodbyes that as if you're going overseas, whereas you'll just change your work location (which is just a few blocks away from my house, lol). Maybe, I'll just miss seeing you five times a week, and spending every break time with you. But just like what you've said to me, you're just 1 call / text / plurk (lol) away, so I guess I have to stop being emotional. You've been wanting this promotion for the longest time, and I want you to know that I am happy for you.

I was apprehensive about writing this entry because I know you'll be able to read this one of these days, but I just want to let you know that you'll be missed big time (I cried after reading your text message yesterday, heh), and good luck on your new career!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...